[Mythtv-soc] Commercial Flagging: Status Update

Randy Robertson rmrobert at usc.edu
Sat Jun 10 05:27:07 UTC 2006

This week:
Spent time getting to know QT, QThread, etc. Also added "-T"
"--threads" switch with a default of NumLogicalCpu's, and worked on
threaded implementation.  Also created simple test suite which takes a
few pre-recorded/pre-flagged shows, and reflags them and compares new
results with previous.  Since I'm not changing the detection method
any yet, the results should match up perfectly, in less time with SMP.

Next week:
Continue work on macro threading, but start comparing with a linear
multithreading approach.  I expect this will benefit less, but the
advantage is that it could be consistent with flagging as we record
rather than after the fact.