[Mythtv-soc] MythTV Autoconfiguration Status

Kenny Root kenny at the-b.org
Mon Jul 24 19:48:50 UTC 2006

I have a router in the core of the network that routes
between the two subnets. The test MythTV master backend is
on a segment that supports jumbo frames (10.100.9.x). The
test MythTV client is on my notebook that is connecting to
the segment that doesn't support jumbo frames
(10.100.10.x).

Basically I ran into the issue of not having a multicast
router between the two subnets. I tried downloading
mrouted, pim-dense, and xoops, but they were either not
updated to work with the Linux 2.6 kernel or way overkill.

I saw your code for utilizing multiple interfaces on the
backend, but right now my setup doesn't utilize that.

Is there anything in the UPnP spec that parallels what
it's suggested to do with multicast DNS? That is, if you
can't find the service you're looking for with a
link-local multicast, go to the DNS server via unicast and
search for the appropriate SRV record?