[mythtv] Jumpy video playback

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 17:54:33 UTC 2020

Hi Mark,

I have a video playback problem with last Sunday's master and my Nvidia
living room system when playing Eurosport recordings.
When I have selected "NVIDIA VDPAU acceleration" then I can jump forward
and backward and the picture is perfect.
However, when I have selected "NVIDIA NVDEC acceleration" then after every
jump there is a short period, about 0.2 seconds, of distorted picture.
The interesting thing is that I have this on all recordings of the
Eurosport channels  but not on any of the other channels that I watch from
the same cable source. This could possibly be related to differences in
video coding, GOP etc, but I have not dived into that.
You should be able to reproduce this with the Eurosport stream that I have
mailed earlier.

Thanks,
Klaas.