[mythtv] Qt warnings on mythfrontend start

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Mon Jan 6 16:48:11 UTC 2020

On 05/01/2020 21:51, Mark Kendall wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Jan 2020 at 21:02, Klaas de Waal <klaas.de.waal at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The Qt warnings have gone!
>
> Good - thanks for confirming.
>
>> While on the subject of error messages, there is one left in the
>> mythfrontend startup log, similar but not identical to the message
>> reported by Paul Harrison (one line before and one line after the
>> error messages included):
>>
>> 2020-01-05 21:46:26.212846 I  MythCoreContext::CheckProtoVersion():
>> Using protocol version 91 BuzzOff
>> Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_va_gl.so: cannot open shared
>> object file: No such file or directory
>
> I assume you mean the VAAPI message below?
>
> I'm slightly baffled by this - as it is an FFmpeg log message - and I
> don't see any associated/relevant MythTV logging...
>
> Can you attach a full log? I'm assuming you have VAAPI support
> compiled in. Are you using VAAPI? and is it still available after this
> log message?

It comes from an attempt to initialize the VAAPI library, it doesn't
matter if we do it, or if FFmpeg does it.

On wayland platforms, it won't initialize properly if passed an X
display (the wayland vaapi interface needs using).

You've already handled this situation by using /dev/dri/renderD128
device.

Regards
Stuart