[mythtv] Qt warnings on mythfrontend start

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 21:51:03 UTC 2020

On Sun, 5 Jan 2020 at 21:02, Klaas de Waal <klaas.de.waal at gmail.com> wrote:
> The Qt warnings have gone!

Good - thanks for confirming.

> While on the subject of error messages, there is one left in the
> mythfrontend startup log, similar but not identical to the message
> reported by Paul Harrison (one line before and one line after the
> error messages included):
>
> 2020-01-05 21:46:26.212846 I  MythCoreContext::CheckProtoVersion():
> Using protocol version 91 BuzzOff
> Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_va_gl.so: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory

I assume you mean the VAAPI message below?

I'm slightly baffled by this - as it is an FFmpeg log message - and I
don't see any associated/relevant MythTV logging...

Can you attach a full log? I'm assuming you have VAAPI support
compiled in. Are you using VAAPI? and is it still available after this
log message?

> [AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x2e6dd40] Failed to initialise VAAPI connection:

Thanks, Mark