[mythtv] MythCodecContext: 2 concurrent hardware frames contexts

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 19:53:57 UTC 2020

On 07/02/2020 19:31, Mark Kendall wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Feb 2020 at 17:24, John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I thought one I had done earlier might work, but that might just have
>> video pauses instead.  This shows the concurrent frames problem:
>>
>> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yqlC2R-7MwTBbdLdZgcpsecMKaXNMKNJ
>
> Thanks - that had the same problem here. I've pushed an update and it
> should play without issue now; but note that while playback was
> jittery for me, I couldn't 'encourage' it to crash at all...

I'm finding playback is ok with vdpau but today's build/driver
combination is painful with nvdec.  Audio decoding pauses and no
response to playback control input during them.  It hasn't been obvious
to me whether this is crash handling in progress.   I'll start the new
build.

>> and this is the older one that probably needs some tlc too:
>>
>> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yQjyTQNgy9mwXpdl7jtZbX17P5R6tgCu
>
> That plays without issue here (VAAPI, VDPAU, NVDEC and MediaCodec
> tested) - before and after the latest fix.
>
> I'd like to push these NVDEC updates to the 31 branch if they are
> stable - so if you see any more problems, please shout.
>
> Is the issue with OpenGL/EGL etc resolved?

Only in the sense that it works (ffmpeg-only system) with the preamble
and doesn't play content without.  Should I just export the ev?