[mythtv] MythCodecContext: 2 concurrent hardware frames contexts

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 19:31:19 UTC 2020

On Fri, 7 Feb 2020 at 17:24, John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I thought one I had done earlier might work, but that might just have
> video pauses instead.  This shows the concurrent frames problem:
>
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yqlC2R-7MwTBbdLdZgcpsecMKaXNMKNJ

Thanks - that had the same problem here. I've pushed an update and it
should play without issue now; but note that while playback was
jittery for me, I couldn't 'encourage' it to crash at all...

> and this is the older one that probably needs some tlc too:
>
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yQjyTQNgy9mwXpdl7jtZbX17P5R6tgCu

That plays without issue here (VAAPI, VDPAU, NVDEC and MediaCodec
tested) - before and after the latest fix.

I'd like to push these NVDEC updates to the 31 branch if they are
stable - so if you see any more problems, please shout.

Is the issue with OpenGL/EGL etc resolved?

Regards
Mark