[mythtv] 2019-devel: lipsync drift

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 23:56:10 UTC 2019

On 24/11/2019 22:41, John Pilkington wrote:
> To continue...
>
> I have a 'new' F30 box, i3 4-core with nVidia and a single VGA-driven
> monitor, again running c794391ad. The only recordings at present are
> from assorted iptv channels, but they show no obvious a/v drift.
>
> The DispRes: Desktop video mode on frontend startup and the DispRes:
> SwitchToGUI on exit are both clean 1920x1080 60.000 Hz

I commented earlier on the size of the timing StdDev shown in the
terminal log when the Playback Data OSD is active.  It was around 25 ms,
with a frame interval of 40 ms.  The SD appears to track the correction
increment set for AVSync2, which suggests that a correction is being
applied on every frame.  I had 30 ms, and now have 2 ms.  There is still
a drift, though.