[mythtv] Android Release builds

David Engel david at istwok.net
Thu Sep 20 16:04:18 UTC 2018

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 10:57:28AM -0400, Peter Bennett wrote:
> On 09/20/2018 10:41 AM, David Engel wrote:
> > Yes.  Given this new information, I don't think we should build with
> > profile on Android.  I need to test with and without it on a couple of
> > Linux platforms.  I don't expect it to make much difference on my
> > relatively beefy desktop with vdpau but it might on my lowly Chromebox
> > with and without vaapi2.
> I am not able to reproduce the delay. I tried with 2x speed and there is a
> tiny delay there. At 1.5x or normal speed I see no delay. I built with
> release which now uses perform. I tested with a 1080i recording. I don't
> normally use speedup.

All of my testing last night was with 720p at speeds of 1x, 1.5x and
1.8x and with mediacodec decoding.  I used software decoding the night
before.

> Is there a setting that can give debug symbols as well as your speed
> requirements?

You can always enable debug symbols.  It's just that with higher
optimization levels, they tend to be less useful.  The reason is that
with optimized code, it's not always easy to associate each
instruction with a specific line of code.  Consequently, when you try
to step through optimized code in a debugger, it can look like
exceution goes backwards or skips lines.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net