[mythtv] Android Mythfrontend build failure

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Tue Nov 27 22:39:52 UTC 2018

On 27/11/2018 21:50, Mark Spieth wrote:

> On 11/28/2018 8:04 AM, Paul Harrison wrote:
>> I'm trying to follow the instructions here
>> https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/tree/master/android to build an apk
>> but getting a failure when running './makelibs.sh all".
>>
>> The first error I see comes when compiling Qt :-
>>
>> Project ERROR: No suitable Android SDK platform found. Minimum version
>> is android-16.
>>
>> This is while compiling Qt.
>>

>> Any ideas what I've got wrong?
>>
> There is probably a missing step.
>
> in studio, install sdk level 23.
>
> I have read that google is deprecating/removing gcc/g++ support but
> you are not getting that far yet.
>
> Ensure you have ~/android/android-sdk-linux tree and in
> ~/android/android-sdk-linux/platforms/android-23 exists.
>
> See how you go.
>
> Also check setenv.sh for paths needed. This is used to set up the env
> for building inside the 2 builder scripts.
>
> Mark

Ah thanks Mark that pointed me in the right direction :)

I think I followed the instructions correctly but  the
~/android/android-sdk-linux directory was missing. I created a symlink
~/android/android-sdk-linux -> ~/Android/Sdk/ which is were Android
Studio appears to be saving them by default. It's still building but has
got past were it failed last time.

Paul H.