[mythtv] Android update

Andreas Mayer and.mayer at aon.at
Wed Nov 14 21:36:19 UTC 2018

On /Fri Nov 2 22:42:09 UTC 2018 Peter Bennet wrote:/

/> /I have created a new Android TV mythfrontend package, with some new
features that make it work a little better on the Amazon fire tv stick.

I have started trying this package on my Huawei P9 lite mobile phone
(Android 7.0), my observations/comments:

I had to use "Force audio device output to 48kHz" (and I think Override
SRC quality) because otherwise audio did not work.

Startup takes more than one minute, is there a way to increase/set
verbose for this FE to find out where the most time is spent (I'm using
adb logcat to watch the FE messages)?

If the device goes to screen lock and after unlocking the device the
screen gets split into two halfs, one showing the startup logo, the
other showing the menu. Until now I have found no way to get back to a
nomal display without exiting/re-entering the app.

SD recordings and LiveTV work OK, HD playback is not smooth always (and
UHD does not work at all).

Thank you,

Andreas