[mythtv] f26 rpm build failure with 30pre509

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sat Feb 17 15:50:38 UTC 2018

On 17/02/18 15:11, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 02/16/2018 04:19 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
>> On 16/02/18 13:28, John Pilkington wrote:
>>> I put the new tarball into my build machine. It failed while
>>> packaging mythnetvision, which is the package that last gave me
>>> trouble some months ago.  Then it seemed significant that it is a
>>> plugin.
>>>
>>> The immediate problem seems to be a failure to package files in
>>> /usr/share/mythtv/examples, but with 4 MB of logfile that might not
>>> be the only one.
>>>
>>> I have 30pre484 running.  This is just for info and, perhaps,
>>> suggestions.  No hurry.
>>>
>>> John
>>
>> My recent successful builds have not installed a
>>  /usr/share/mythtv/examples folder.
>>
>> The files listed in the the failure log come from
>>  mythtv/external/FFmpeg/doc/examples,
>>  and I guess they could be considered optional, but the build script
>> hasn't seen it that way.  Should I change it?
>>

> Is the recent ffmpeg resync causing a build failure?
>
> It is building successfully on f26 on the build slaves. see
> https://code.mythtv.org/buildbot/builders/master-f26-64bit/builds/236
>
>   v30-Pre-511-g35f0ff0a7b was built and installed successfully on f26
>
> On my ubuntu system /usr/share/mythtv/examples has a bunch of source
> code files from ffmpeg. These are not important, they are a side effect
> of the ffmpeg build.
>
> Let us know if you still have a problem. It is possible that pre 484 had
> a problem that is now fixed.
>
> Peter

Thank you Peter for the response.  I was aware of the resync, and it
seemed likely that it had caused the failure, which I think was in the
packaging; those ffmpeg example files got into what I believe was a
successful main build but triggered a failure when the packaging process
ignored them.  I haven't yet got a solution, but my question really was
"Ought they to be considered as an integral part of the Mythtv
distribution?"   Since they are already in the git tarballs I guess the
answer is Yes; so I'll try working on that basis.

John