[mythtv] RFE

Dag Nygren dag at newtech.fi
Sun Feb 4 10:10:53 UTC 2018

Hi devs!

I know this might not be the right list, but hope that
you still read it, please.

Here in Finland we have an absolute crazy way
the TV companies sets up the titles of the programs
as they will add the age limit in parenthesis at the end.
Like "Survivors (12)", "Paradise Hotel (16)"

And as the age limit can be different for different episodes
it gets really bad for the scheduling.

Say you watch something, find it interesting and press record
to catch the upcoming episodes.
Then if the next episode happens to have a different age rating
it will still not be recorded :-(

So could we get a way to tell Myth to disregard everything
in parentheses at the end of the title ?
Or perhaps even more generic:
Ability to add a regexp list that is always applied to the
recording rules?

I know I can set the rules as a SQL select and that is what I have been
doing., but this is quite messy to set up at the moment.

Thanks
Dag