[mythtv] FFmpeg plans

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Mon Apr 30 09:04:36 UTC 2018

On 30/04/18 09:15, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:

> On 28/04/18 23:58, Peter Bennett wrote:
>>

>> On 04/28/2018 06:07 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

I think that could be a problem since you need write access to the
upstream project to commit them. What I do is fork the external project
and then add my own fork as the submodule. It's easy to keep the fork in
sync and you only have to do it when it's convenient. You don't want to
pull a big update from upstream just before you do a release for example.

I'm in no way a git expert so there may well be more elegant ways of
doing it and  usually when git is involved I suspect if you ask six
developers the best way to do it they will tell you six different answers :)

Paul H.