[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by pbennett. v29-pre-513-gf4f98f9

Peter Bennett pgbennett at comcast.net
Fri Jul 7 00:10:42 UTC 2017

On 07/06/2017 07:05 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
> I've just run mythtvsetup with a build from here on an fc 25 box with
> a single pci dvb-t card.  The FE/BE system seems to be running ok now,
> but I had segfaults along the way, triggered by trying to enter the
> Transport Editor.   That probably isn't seen as part of the normal
> sequence, but I think it's important to have it available. The Konsole
> log gave Code 1, PID 216, UID 0 and a Value, but I suspect that by
> themselves these numbers mean little.
>
> After the first segfault the card wasn't recognised and I eventually
> rebooted.  vlc couldn't see it either.   Card recognition is slow, as
> it has been for some time.  Later I went round several times trying to
> set up the linking option for 'All existing Transports' - saw it once
> but then it seemed elusive.  My current channel selection is based on
> a Full Scan.

Unfortunately I cannot test this as I do not receive any over the air
channels and Comcast now encrypts everything, so my tuner card receives
no channels.

Is this the transport editor button in channel editor? I can select that
but the next page does not seem to do anything, perhaps because I have
no DVB channels. If I press enter on "New Transport" nothing happens.
Perhaps somebody who has a working DVB setup with channels can look at it.

Peter