[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by pbennett. v29-pre-513-gf4f98f9

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Thu Jul 6 23:05:37 UTC 2017

> Refs #13046 - Eliminate extra page in capture card setup.
> Eliminate the extra page with just "scan configuration" and "scan",
> and adds the Scan to the scan configuration so you just go down
> on the page to get to scan.

I've just run mythtvsetup with a build from here on an fc 25 box with a
single pci dvb-t card.  The FE/BE system seems to be running ok now, but
I had segfaults along the way, triggered by trying to enter the
Transport Editor.   That probably isn't seen as part of the normal
sequence, but I think it's important to have it available. The Konsole
log gave Code 1, PID 216, UID 0 and a Value, but I suspect that by
themselves these numbers mean little.

After the first segfault the card wasn't recognised and I eventually
rebooted.  vlc couldn't see it either.   Card recognition is slow, as it
has been for some time.  Later I went round several times trying to set
up the linking option for 'All existing Transports' - saw it once but
then it seemed elusive.  My current channel selection is based on a Full
Scan.

The presentation is unfamiliar but quickly became clearer.  Thanks!

John P