[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by pbennett. v29-pre-305-gef7e594

Piotr Oniszczuk piotr.oniszczuk at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 22:11:34 UTC 2017

> Piotr
>
> I am trying to figure out what is happening in your setup. Please can you confirm some things.
>
> I understand that when you try to run the frontend from latest master, it goes directly to the country and language selection.
>
> Does it first display the "MythTV Startup Status" screen or the database setup screen? Please confirm the order of screens you see.
It goes directly to database setup screen. This is with default config.xml file I have in system (which is btw. working perfectly well for r302 and older).

When I delete config.xml (emulating firs run without this file) - FE goes to country/language setup screen.

> Are you using any command line options on mythfrontend? Please let me know what options you are using.
yes.
command line is following:
/usr/bin/mythfrontend  > /var/log/mythfrontend

> Is the config.xml correct including port number?
it has <Port>0</Port> - and this is from setup screen having port field blank.

> Are the backend and database running?
sure

> Please can you send me the config.xml and the file $HOME/.mythtv/cache/contextcache.xml from the frontend.
there is no such file….
all what I have in /home/minimyth/.mythtv/cache/:
mythfrontend-FE-Livingroom/
remotecache/
themecache/