[mythtv] Weird problem with scheduling recordings on my 17.04 frontend

Roger James roger at beardandsandals.co.uk
Fri Feb 10 15:08:08 UTC 2017

I am currently unable to schedule recordings on my 17.04 front-end. If I
select a recording to schedule from either the EPG or one  of the search
screens. The first time I click on record this showing in the sub menu it
just dismisses the sub menu and acts like nothing has happened. The second
time I bring up the sub menu and click I get a duplicate key error logged.
Nothing ever appears in the upcoming recordings. After I have caused this I
go to my back end which is running 0.28(.0). I then find I cannot login
either directly on the console or remotely by SSH. It appears that it logs
in but cannot bring up a shell. Maybe something is stealing all the cycles.
If I reboot the front-end then all goes back to normal.

At the moment I have not got a clue what is happening. The mythbackend and
mysql error logs look ok. The only clue is the duplicate error in the
front-end log. But the recording request does not get into the table.

Ideas anyone.

Roger