[mythtv] Status of Schedules Direct SD-JSON grabbers

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Fri Jul 15 19:01:30 UTC 2016

On 15.07.2016 19:13, John P Poet wrote:
> The one place where (at least Gary's) xmltv json grabber falls short, is
> that the cast is all lumped together.  Guest stars are not separated
> from the normal cast, for example.  I believe Gary said that that is a
> limitation of xmltv and not the json data.  I don't know what it would
> take to update the xmltv standard to allow for that.

Can we have some details?

Where does the data end up in the "good" case?
Where does the data end up in the "bad" case?

We (MythTV and XMLTV) have no concept of series/season regulars vs.
guest stars vs. uncredited extras / cameo (etc).
Does the data end up in the "guest" role? I understood that as guests
in talk shows etc.

If it is like that, then we can fix it either way, once we agree on a
preferred way :-)

Regards,
Karl