[mythtv] Status of Schedules Direct SD-JSON grabbers

Peter Bennett pgbennett at comcast.net
Fri Jul 15 15:44:26 UTC 2016

Was any decision reached as to the recommended approach for getting the
SD-JSON data into MythTV? I think there were three competing packages
for doing this:

- package from XMLTV
- package from Robert K
- package from Gary Buhrmaster

Can/should the USA users switch to SD-JSON data? I believe that this may
provide a full 14 days of data instead of the 12 that the grabber
currently provides. Also you may be able to eventually retire the server
or service that currently translates the SD-JSON data for the MythTV
download.

Peter