[mythtv] MythTV 0.28 and systemd and Ubuntu 15.10 (wily) or 16.04 (xenial)

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 21:32:37 UTC 2016

On 07/01/16 22:11, Peter Bennett wrote:
> Hi Guys

> I am trying to get up to speed with systemd. As far as I can see we need
> a script in /etc/systemd/system/ and we need to run "sudo systemctl
> enable service-name.service".  Can I help with getting this set up?  I
> can create a script and test it then send it on to you for including in
> place of the upstart script?

Mythtv is packaged for many distributions using systemd; you could just
pick a service file from some such.

systemd is designed with the idea that such configuration files are
distro-agnostic, so it IMHO makes a lot of sense that they are shipped
by the upstream mythtv project.

On a sidenote, files shipped by an upstream like mythtv lives in
/lib/systemd/system; the /etc stuff is local overrides.

Cheers!

--alec