[mythtv] OpenMAX/Raspberry Pi 2 support

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Mon Jun 1 21:36:52 UTC 2015

> I know there were fears that the older Pis couldn't support a full fledged
> mythfronted due to memory constaints and poor cpu performance. But with the
> Pi 2, I wouldn't think there would be any hardware limitations to this. I
> was able to compile and run the frontend just fine - navigating around felt
> just fine, but obvioisly I'm unable to actually play videos.
>
> I'm interested in trying to add OpenMAX support to mythfrontend to allow for
> really cheap front end devices. I've scoured the archives and have not found
> any sign of anybody working on this yet. So I just wanted to express my
> interest and see if there is anything that I might need to know or if there
> is someone else already working on this.

If you want to implement OpenMAX support in MythTV, you might want to
have a look at the (now discontinued?) Torc DVR project. It's a fork
of MythTV by a former MythTV developer, and according to the README,
OpenMAX support should be working for video decoding:
https://github.com/Torc/torc

Best regards
Kenni