[mythtv] Merging cards and inputs, testing help needed

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Tue Jan 20 18:33:31 UTC 2015

On Jan 20, 2015, at 10:51 AM, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:

> Okay.  FYI, it should be sufficient to ignore NTSC and just test
> Composite and S-Video inputs.

Still, you need different programming on the various inputs to verify that it's actually recording on the input it says it is rather than saying "OK" and doing whatever.

As it happens, a disconnected analog tuner puts out static while disconnected S-Video gives a blank screen which is helpful. I scheduled, and got, 15 minutes of tuner static from 11:45 to 12:00 followed by 15 minutes of S-Video blankness so I'd say the code passes a basic stink test for ivtv devices. I don't have an HD-PVR or pure V4L device so I can't help you there.

If you need anything else tested it'll have to wait until next Monday so I'll close with the comment that I'm glad to see this effort happening - the acquisition side of myth has always been at the forefront and it's good to see that continuing.

- George