[mythtv] Services API: reschedule

David Engel david at istwok.net
Wed Dec 23 05:38:41 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 05:16:18PM -0600, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 12/22/2015 01:15 PM, John P Poet wrote:
> >mythfilldatabase also has to call resched, for the same reason.
> >
> >I am utterly swamped right now, but I will try work on some services API
> >stuff as soon as I can.
>
> If the endpoint name is acceptable, the attached works. Just don't know if
> ScheduledRecording::RescheduleMatch is the one you're thinking of using.
> I'm also assuming that the Dvr service is correct.
>
> The following 2 lines would appear in the backend log:
>
>     ... (HandleReschedule) - Reschedule requested for MATCH 0 0 0 - ServicesAPI
>     ... (HandleReschedule) - Scheduled 0 items in 0.0 = 0.00 match + 0.00 check + 0.00 place
>
> Let me know if you'd prefer a feature-request-with-patch added to Trac.

If a reschedule API is added, I think it should probably accept two,
optional parameters.  Those being ChanId and MPlexId.  Both limit the
scope of the reschedule and drastically reduce the amount of work the
scheduler need to do.  A "reschedule all" is only needed when there
are large scale changes to all of the guide data.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net