[mythtv] Services API: reschedule

David Engel david at istwok.net
Tue Dec 22 21:44:23 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 07:28:03PM +0000, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 6:36 PM, Robert Kulagowski <rkulagow at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 12:28 PM, Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com> wrote:
> >> Out of curiosity, what is the use case for needing to do a manual
> >> reschedule?
> >
> > After loading schedule data we need to tell the backend to reschedule,
> > which I currently do via mythutil --resched but that's not very
> > service-y.
>
> Are you saying that you need an (enhanced) services
> API to push guide data (that would be an enhancement
> request), or that when you push guide data one of the
> Service API is not rescheduling (that would be a bug),
> or that you are trying to bypass the APIs that exist,
> and do not wish to request another, and you are building
> your own solution (and that means when the database
> access goes private, your code will break, and that
> would be your bug to fix on a moments notice).

I suspect this has to do with Schedules Direct new ability to detect
overruns of sporting events.  Whatever the source of the new guide
data, I think the preferred solution is to either feed an xmltv file
to mythfilldatabase and/or add service APIs to update the guide data
and automatically reschedule rather than updating the database
directly (probably what is being done) and then issuing a reschedule.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net