[mythtv] Services API: reschedule

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 19:28:03 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 6:36 PM, Robert Kulagowski <rkulagow at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 12:28 PM, Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com> wrote:
>> Out of curiosity, what is the use case for needing to do a manual
>> reschedule?
>
> After loading schedule data we need to tell the backend to reschedule,
> which I currently do via mythutil --resched but that's not very
> service-y.

Are you saying that you need an (enhanced) services
API to push guide data (that would be an enhancement
request), or that when you push guide data one of the
Service API is not rescheduling (that would be a bug),
or that you are trying to bypass the APIs that exist,
and do not wish to request another, and you are building
your own solution (and that means when the database
access goes private, your code will break, and that
would be your bug to fix on a moments notice).