[mythtv] Remove Fill Packets

Richard Hulme peper03 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 22 05:33:37 UTC 2015

On 21/04/15 19:35, Ryan Lavender wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am having an issue with my firewire cablebox, where the MPEG TS stream
> contains an overwhelming number of fill packets (PID = 0x1fff). This
> causes my recordings to be very large (2.4 GB = 10 min). Can someone
> point me in the right direction for writing a patch to get MythTV to
> discard fill packets?

Hi Ryan,

I've no experience with the firewire recorder but from what I can see
from the code, it looks like you should be able to alter the recording
profile(s) for your card in mythtv-setup.  Changing the 'Recording type'
to 'Normal' to 'TV Only' should cause all non-video, audio or subtitle
packets to be discarded.

Richard.