[mythtv] upnp on master with panasonic viera series e5

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Wed Sep 24 13:10:26 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 24 Sep 2014 13:37:51 John Pilkington wrote:
> On 24/09/14 11:55, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> > I pushed a change last night that should at least correctly identify
> > recordings as using a PS container if they were transcoded from within
> > MythTV.
> I have it running. v0.28-pre-2234-g87f72fb.  Unfortunately I haven't yet
> had a successful run of mythtranscode --mpeg2, which I thought was
> supposed to be OK now.  I'll look to see if I have 'interactive TV'
> enabled, since it looks as if that might activate the missing codec.

It's not working here either, I think it was broken by the last ffmpeg resync.

>  From my point of view the SD/PS version is the finished product which I
> would like to be able to watch on the 'big' screen via upnp; I usually
> see the 'raw' SD/TS only during the editing process on the laptop.  If
> that wouldn't be generally acceptable I think I might be able to
> construct a patch...

It's not 'acceptable' to DLNA. We can't mis-describe videos as PS even if they
are TS, though that works for the Panasonic it's likely to break other upnp
clients.

For video we don't specify any DLNA profile at all. It sounds like an option to
disable DLNA compliance would work well for you, I'll sort that out tonight.

> Still no joy with Music. 'Cannot read file'.

That's odd. Any idea which formats are supported for Music and what format are
your files, flac, mp3, ogg?

--
Stuart Morgan