[mythtv] MythTV grabber for Schedules Direct JSON service now available

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 00:48:23 UTC 2014

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 5:33 PM, John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> I just tried to use this for the first time.  It generally seemed to work,
> but I am now missing "credits" information for upcoming recordings.  The
> mythconverg.credits table is completely empty.

There are plenty of credits; even more in the JSON data than in
MythTV. The issue is that MythTV has hardcoded the various roles in
the mythconverg database; if MythTV wants to take advantage of the new
roles then there's going to have to be some changes made.

Let me take a second look at what's happening though.

>  I also noticed that
> program.syndicatedepisodenumber, program.partnumber and program.parttotal
> are not getting filled in.

Those are no longer in the upstream data source, so there's nothing I
can incorporate at this time.

> PS.   On freenode there has been some discussion about dropping the
> dependency for php.  They have also been trying to get xmltv updated to
> handle everything in a common way.  Both of these initiatives will probably
> impact this stuff.

I don't have an emotional attachment to the grabber. It's a proof of
concept, and works well enough to make sure that the server-side code
is functional. If someone wants to rewrite it in their Favorite
Language, then it certainly doesn't impact me.