[mythtv] MythTV grabber for Schedules Direct JSON service now available

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 22:33:33 UTC 2014

On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 9:58 AM, Robert Kulagowski <rkulagow at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Please see http://forums.schedulesdirect.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2544
>
> for more information.
>
> At this time it is still geared to developers / early adopters, but
> the more feedback we get, the better.
>
> Thanks.

Hi Robert,

I just tried to use this for the first time.  It generally seemed to work,
but I am now missing "credits" information for upcoming recordings.  The
mythconverg.credits table is completely empty.  I also noticed that
program.syndicatedepisodenumber, program.partnumber and program.parttotal
are not getting filled in.

In case it matters, when following the directions I did not create new
video sources, but just linked the existing ones to the new lineups.

I am going to switch back to using mythfilldatabase at this point, but I
can test again in the future.

John

PS.   On freenode there has been some discussion about dropping the
dependency for php.  They have also been trying to get xmltv updated to
handle everything in a common way.  Both of these initiatives will probably
impact this stuff.