[mythtv] UPnP Improvements - [a44606fc2]

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Sat Sep 13 17:44:09 UTC 2014

On Saturday 13 Sep 2014 17:56:54 Tomi Orava wrote:
> > If you use a Sony TV, can you now view and play back recordings without
> > the
> > mimetype hack? Again this was not UPnP or DLNA compliant, I'm hoping the
> > addition of DLNA profile names and flags helps here.
>
> I noticed that todays trunk is broken what comes to Samsung TV's.
> The newer 2013 model sees the mythbackend server, but is unable to list
> any contents ---> no files can be seen on recordings view.

Hmm, that sounds like it doesn't think that it supports MPEG_TS even if it's
able to play them. Do the different sub-folders get shown? Title, genre etc?

What happens if you make a recording available via another upnp server like
BubbleUPnP? If that works then knowing the DLNA profile may help.

> Do you happen to have Skifta available ?

No I don't, and it appears to be no longer available. However if someone has
the apk I'll give it a go.

--
Stuart Morgan
MythTV