[mythtv] Upgrade database from command line

Grant Gardner grant at lastweekend.com.au
Sun Sep 7 05:48:12 UTC 2014

On 3 September 2014 23:20, Stuart Auchterlonie <stuarta at squashedfrog.net> wrote:
> On 02/09/14 23:38, Grant Gardner wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Is there a mechanism to upgrade the database from the command line?
>>
>> I know that both mythtv-setup and mythbackend will do the upgrade, but I
>> need something that can exit when the upgrade is complete.
>>

> We have talked about adding a --bootstrap mode to allow the backend
> to initialize the DB and bring it up to date. eg.

> It's all part of being able to configure mythtv via the backend web
> server.

Ok really simple patch for this in pull request referenced here that
does the minimal amount necessary for  --bootstrap

https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12264

I wasn't entire sure about trac tickets and pull request/patches.
There's various information and I found it a bit tricky to work out
what was current.