[mythtv] a new compilation problems

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 13:38:12 UTC 2014

On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 5:59 AM, Janusz S. Bien <jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl> wrote:
> Just for information:
>
> I tried to compile again after reinstalling QT5 and the compilation
> failed again although for a different reason.

I am not a MythTV dev, but....

I want to remind you again that MythTV and Qt5 will not be
functionally complete.  While some things will likely just
work fine, there are known issues.  Unless you are a dev
who will be contributing patches for the errors/missing
functionality as you encounter them (checking trac to see
if there are already pending patches or fixes for Qt5), you
may not get the experience you desire.  Officially Qt5
is not currently supported (although it does, mostly,
compile fine).  I would expect testing and patches for
issues you encounter will be welcome.