[mythtv] TVRec - Signal Monitor Deadline Value for Myth System Event.

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 15:03:19 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 8:51 AM, Malcolm Parsons <malcolm.parsons at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 6 June 2014 12:23, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 6 June 2014 20:49, Lincoln Rogers <lincoln at performaplus.co.nz> wrote:
> >> Is this so that a recording will keep attempting to tune until the end
> of a
> >> recording ?
> >
> > that.
> >
> > not sure there's much point to this... as if it doesn't tune quickly,
> > it's unlikely to ever tuned...
>
> If it doesn't tune quickly, I'd like MythTV to fail immediately and
> reschedule.
> There are HD, SD and +1 versions of several channels and I have
> multiple tuners, so MythTV should consider the other possibilities.
>
> Currently, when a half hour recording fails, MythTV automatically
> retries on the +1 channel.
> But if the recording is longer than an hour then the +1 channel is no
> longer a possible choice.
>
> --
> Malcolm Parsons

I have run into a similar situation to which Torbjorn describes, and it
works better for me the way it is.  At the same time I understand Lincoln
and your situations.

Right now there is a 'channel_timeout' value which can be set for each
capture card, but it currently ignored (it shows up as "Tuning timeout" in
mythtv-setup).  I am tempted to try and use that value, but also allow it
to be set to -1 (or end-of-schedule) which would result in the current
behavior.   Thoughts?

John