[mythtv] ringbuffer.cpp

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 11:07:03 UTC 2014

On 27 February 2014 21:44, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:
> Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>> as for 20s wait... it all depends on how long it takes to find a
>> reference frame once you've opened the device.
>> 20s sounds like a long time.
>
> I'll switch to it this weekend on my home system and help test and
> watching an in progress recording off of my PVR-500 takes over 60
> seconds to start whereas watching from the HDHR is almost instant.

there's no way any of the changes made will impact this...

there's obviously an issue reading from your pvr-500...

running your backend with extra verbosity would help identify the issue:

start the backend with -v file,record --loglevel=debug

start live TV on your frontend. after about 2 minutes put the log
somewhere we can read them