[mythtv] ringbuffer.cpp

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 05:26:34 UTC 2014

On 22 February 2014 14:52, Jonas Arndt <jonas.arndt at thearndtfamily.com> wrote:

> So my friend had another freeze. I was running the flags -v file
> --loglevel=debug
> This was in the back-end log:

it is having the issue I was mentioning before. It takes over 360ms
between two writes on the backend, so the read treats it as EOF (the
recording has ended) and the frontend will freeze and timeout after
16s.

I'm still working on a universal solution for that one.
I have a fix for when you're straaming for the backend, but it will
break FE/BE combo :(

Not sure it will work in your case anyway, you can see in your log
that the BE didn't write anything for over 4s.

There's no way you can handle live TV without freeze or abort when you
starve playback from data for such long time.

Recover from 1-2s sure... 4s... no way