[mythtv] COPYING & AUTHORS files

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 22:25:36 UTC 2014

On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 5:41 PM, Stuart Morgan <stuart at tase.co.uk> wrote:
> We're still under GPL v2+ currently

Ok.  I just saw the GPLv3 logo, and presumed that
a change had occurred.  I tend to actually read
license terms (perhaps more than most), so use
of the v3 logo certainly was interpreted by myself as
meaning that it was now running under the v3 terms.
If I was FSF I might even have some issues with the
use of a v3 logo for a v2 package (since, as I recall,
the logo was allowed to be used only for v3 software).
AFAIK there was never an official v2 logo, but I
have seen some take the v3 logo and lobotomize
the 3 (making it just a GPL logo).  Probably better
to remove the 3 (or the logo entirely) to stay on
the left side of Richard's copyright....

And thanks for responding.