[mythtv] mythfilldatabase inserts incorrect default program endtime

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Sun May 12 19:26:40 UTC 2013

On Sunday 12 May 2013 18:27:41 Sven Wünschmann wrote:
> Hi mythtv-dev list,

> I setup a mythtv box on Ubuntu 13.04 for Alice/O2/Hansenet IPTV channels and
> configured tv_grab_ch_search as EPG provider. The setup runs quite OK, but
> there is an issue with EPG data for the last programme of the day.

> Can anybody reproduce this result? Is this a configuration issue or a bug?

Hi Sven,

It is a bug, but not one that many people would encounter. Many grabbers either specify an end
time for each programme or they include at least one programme after the period requested so
that the end time can be determined.

It's a design flaw in the xmltv spec that an explicit end (stop) time is optional, not required since
the grabber is better placed to obtain this information i.e. it can look at the first programme of the
following day with less overhead than we can.

We're discussing possible fixes and will provide something in 0.27, if not 0.26.1 but it may not
happen immediately.
--
Stuart Morgan
MythTV