[mythtv] Submitting Feature Request

Steve Campbell orcusmaximus at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 15:02:05 UTC 2013

Jean-Yves' suggestion of opening a ticket & doing a Git pull request
does seem the way to go.

Before I do though, can I have some feedback as to whether what I want
to do is sensible or not?

Mythweb Feature request 1: Alter the Direct Download filename from
"$title - $subtitle.$extension" to "$title - ${season}x$episode -
$subtitle. $extension" for recordings which have a known season &
episode. The ${season}x$episode would be in the same format as shown
on the mythweb/tv/recorded page. This makes it easy to download a few
episodes of something and then watch them in order off line.

Mythweb Feature request 2: Make the Recorded Programs "Show
Recordings" dropdown be fully populated on the mythweb/tv/recorded
page, even if "All recordings" is not currently selected.

Mythweb Feature request 3: In the Recorded Programs "Show Recordings"
dropdown, group together all recordings where the title is only
recorded once and call this group 'Unique titles'. The main effect of
this is to lump all your movie recordings together.

These features make it very quick and easy to flit from one bunch of
recorded programs to another, even though they are in the same default
record/storage/playback group.

Thank you in advance for any comments.

Steve