[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: e090e9969 by Mark Kendall (mark-kendall)

Dan Wilga mythtv-dev2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Thu Oct 27 15:07:07 UTC 2011

On 10/26/11 10:47 PM, Tom Lichti wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 10:23 PM, Robert McNamara
> <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com <mailto:robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 7:22 PM, Tom Lichti
>     <tom at redpepperracing.com <mailto:tom at redpepperracing.com>> wrote:
>
>     >> Add libCEC support.
>     >>
>     >> This adds initial support for CEC HDMI devices which allow
>     bidirectional
>     >> communication and control between CEC capable devices.
>     >>
>     >
>     > Am I correct in assuming you need the Pulse-Eight box to do this?
>     > Tom
>
>     Yes.
>

> Cool, but disappointing. Too bad nVidia hasn't gotten off their duff
> and added it into their cards directly.

Based on what I've read, almost all video cards lack the hardware to
interface between the nVidia chipset and the appropriate pin on the HDMI
port. So if nVidia were to do this, it would only serve a very small
portion of the users.

Of course, nVidia could have encouraged vendors to include the hardware,
but the horse has already left the gate on that one.