[mythtv] MHEG redrawing issues

Matthew Wire devel at mrwire.co.uk
Tue Oct 26 14:50:15 UTC 2010

Following the re-instatement of MHEG audio slates for radio channels in
#9130 I have found a couple of issues.  Note that I am now using the
release-0.24-fixes branch.

1. After a radio channel has been active for some time (approx 1 hour or
more) any subsequent channel change causes a frontend segfault.  I'm going
to see whether Markk's locking changes in 26950 make any difference to this
- if not, I'll attempt to provide a backtrace and open a ticket.

2. Redraw/focus issues.  If the channel osd is displayed the MHEG slate
disappears and is redrawn a short while after the osd is hidden again.  On
one occasion I ended up with the MHEG slate drawn on top of the channel osd
but haven't managed to see that again.
I'm using the VDPAU renderer and the nvidia 260 graphics drivers.  I will
try with the opengl renderer to see if the same thing happens but has anyone
else seen this?

Matthew