[mythtv] Ticket 6137 - Any chance of getting the patch integrated into trunk and/or 0.23-fixes?

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Tue May 11 17:42:59 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Lennart Sorensen
<lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
> On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 10:31:49AM -0700, Robert McNamara wrote:
>> On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Manuel McLure <manuel at mclure.org> wrote:
>> > Now that 0.23 is gold, is there any chance of a developer looking at
>> > the patches that have been submitted to ticket 6137 for possible
>> > inclusion in trunk (or even better, 0.23-fixes?) The patches use
>> > libudev instead of udevinfo to get media information, and so solve the
>> > "udevinfo is gone in recent versions of udev" problem.
>> >
>> > I've been running 0.22 with the patches applied for quite a while with
>> > no problems.
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>>
>> Not wanting to speak for anyone else, but probably not .23, as it's a
>> new feature.
>
> Some people would call fixing a feature that doesn't work anymore a bug
> fix, even if it involves writing some new code to replace the broken
> function.

And some of us who are MythTV developers would call adding new code
that has not been tested by any of us, which interfaces with an
external library, an unacceptable risk in a stable branch.  You do
your work your way, we'll do our work ours.  .24 will be out in the
fall.

Robert