[mythtv] AC3 playback mangled until timestretch activated

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Mar 1 19:52:07 UTC 2010

On 03/01/2010 02:47 PM, Matt W wrote:
> Ok so I've been plugging along and recently, the original symptoms of
> playback I was experiencing seem to have disappeared.  I no longer get
> severe audio from playing back the same recordings I was using
> previously.
>
> Could it be because I dumped the Debian packaged version of libmpeg2
> and ffmpeg and went ahead and compiled my own?  I did this so I could
> optimize the build of things like libmpeg2, ffmpeg, x264, etc, for the
> best possible transcode performance.

Normally I'd tell you that it's impossible for those system libs to
affect MythTV, but according to
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7796#comment:7 , Debian (or some 3rd
party packager for Debian) is forking MythTV and linking against
external libs instead of the versions that are distributed with, tested
with, compiled with appropriate options for, and known to work with MythTV.

Mike