[mythtv] AC3 playback mangled until timestretch activated

Matt W mwood23 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 19:47:21 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 10:42 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 27 February 2010 16:07, Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> wrote:
>> After further testing with the original _Tonight_ recording, the
>> changeset force upmixes the two-track AC3; if I turn the upmixer off
>> via the OSD, the receiver's display switchs to Pro Logic II. Before
>> the changeset, with the workaround (using timestretch to switch away
>> from, then back to, 1.0X) the audio signal is unchanged.
>
> What was your expected behaviour ?

Ok so I've been plugging along and recently, the original symptoms of
playback I was experiencing seem to have disappeared.  I no longer get
severe audio from playing back the same recordings I was using
previously.

Could it be because I dumped the Debian packaged version of libmpeg2
and ffmpeg and went ahead and compiled my own?  I did this so I could
optimize the build of things like libmpeg2, ffmpeg, x264, etc, for the
best possible transcode performance.

sorry if this is somewhat vague, but these playback issues did seem to
clear up before I did any SVN update to the trunk.

Yeechang, are you still seeing similar playback issues with latest trunk code?

mythfrontend info:

mythfrontend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 23626
MythTV Branch    : trunk
Network Protocol : 56
Library API      : 0.23.20100225-1
QT Version       : 4.4.3
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_oss using_alsa using_backend using_dvb
using_frontend using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11
using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl
using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg

my ffmpeg and libmpeg2 info:

mythtv at mythtv2:~/src/mythtv/trunk/mythtv$ ffmpeg -version
FFmpeg version SVN-r21693, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
  built on Feb 16 2010 07:43:25 with gcc 4.3.2
  configuration: --enable-pthreads --enable-libmp3lame
--enable-libxvid --enable-shared --enable-gpl --enable-libx264
  libavutil     50. 9. 0 / 50. 9. 0
  libavcodec    52.52. 0 / 52.52. 0
  libavformat   52.51. 0 / 52.51. 0
  libavdevice   52. 2. 0 / 52. 2. 0