[mythtv] 0.23 Release Date

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Mar 1 16:01:28 UTC 2010

'Twas brillig, and Petr Stehlik at 01/03/10 15:46 did gyre and gimble:
> Robert Shields píše v Po 01. 03. 2010 v 10:03 -0500:
>> weird).  Please do let us (I can't imagine I am the only one excited
>> about it), when to expect 0.23 to be available.
>
> I know what you were asking and I tried to avoid answering it. Let me
> answer it now: please don't ask such questions. The best answer you can
> get is "it will be released when it's ready". And if you think about it
> you'll agree - it's far better to get a solid working software than a
> rushed unfinished one.

Of course that's ultimately the correct answer but if there is a vague
aim/feeling for when it will be ready among the primary devs then it
doesn't generally hurt to hint at this or say if there really is no
schedule.

The "it'll be ready when it's ready" response is technically correct
(the best kind of correct!) but not really useful. A useful answer would
be "I'm hoping it'll be around mid-April but if we can't iron out the
bugs relating to xyz, it'll obviously be later".

This kind of information is useful for us packagers too when we're
deciding what versions to push in development distros etc. so I'm kinda
curious myself if there is any new time frame. I promise not to kill any
kittens if it's later than advertised :p

Cheers

Col

--

Colin Guthrie