[mythtv] EIT updates for in-progress recordings

Andrew Herron totallymaxed at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 11:10:17 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Daniel Kristjansson
<danielk at cuymedia.net>wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-06-24 at 13:45 +0100, Malcolm Parsons wrote:
>
> > http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7369 describes similar behaviour
> > with MythTV 0.21, but the ticket was closed as being a rare case.
> >
> > Is anyone else affected by this misbehaviour?
> >
> > Would it be difficult for MythTV to just make one long recording?
>
> I believe this has only been seen in the UK. For most EIT data
> is not updated coherently as program start and end time change.
> There is an existing mechanism to extend in progress recordings
> and this could be tied into the EIT updates of in progress
> recordings. It wouldn't be trivial, but not too difficult either.
> Because of the rarity, I doubt anyone not affected by this will
> tackle the problem. But if you or someone else not too familiar
> with the code wants to tackle the problem we can assist in the
> effort.
>
> -- Daniel

 Daniel,

This type of real time EIT data update is normal here in the UK for the
Freeview (DVB-T) & Freesat (DVB-S) services. The commercial PVR's for these
two services in my experience handle these types of 'real time' scheduling
changes very well. So I guess some of the European Myth users would better
placed to investigate a patch for this.

All the best.

Andrew