[mythtv] EIT updates for in-progress recordings

Håkon Alstadheim hakon at alstadheim.priv.no
Thu Jun 24 16:14:06 UTC 2010

Den 24. juni 2010 14:45, skrev Malcolm Parsons:
> Hi,
>
> Last night the BBC's coverage of "Wimbledon 2010" overran due to
> coverage of a record breaking tennis match.
>
> The EIT was updated several times, changing the start and end of the
> following programme - "Today at Wimbledon".
>
> Both programmes were set to be recorded, and I ended up with 1
> recording of "Wimbledon 2010" and 9 recordings of various parts of
> what should have been "Today at Wimbledon".
>
> I was watching the programme live, so was able to stop the duplicate
> recordings, but had to keep switching to a different recording when
> the one I was watching stopped recording.  It might have been easier
> to switch to Live TV.
>
> I'm using MythTV 0.23-fixes.
>
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7369 describes similar behaviour
> with MythTV 0.21, but the ticket was closed as being a rare case.
>
> Is anyone else affected by this misbehaviour?
>
> Would it be difficult for MythTV to just make one long recording?

I get this on movies from DVB-T in Norway at least once a week. Bugged
the hell out of me until I realized what was happening.  Quite often
late night movies are scheduled for something like 22:50, and then
rescheduled to something like 22:48. I always record a couple of minutes
before program-start, so I end up with two recordings. The second
recording, supposedly starting at 22:48, often starts recording LATER,
so it misses the start. Often only one of the scheduled showings have a
proper description. So, I end up with one showing of the full movie and
one amputated. Which one has the proper description seems a bit random
to me, but I have a hunch that there is a difference between long-term
and short-term EIT data.