[mythtv] 0.23 Bug Squashing Party

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Sat Jan 30 05:05:43 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 10:20 AM, Stuart Auchterlonie
<stuarta at squashedfrog.net> wrote:
> On 29/01/2010 15:55, Chris Pinkham wrote:
>>
>> * On Fri Jan 29, 2010 at 02:44:17PM +0000, Stuart Morgan wrote:
>>>
>>> Cue an avalanche of trac comments ... "Works for me too, please commit to
>>> 0.23". I've a feeling that the wiki might be more manageable, otherwise
>>> we'll
>>> spend the entire weekend just trying to catch up with the email generated
>>> by
>>> trac.
>>
>> OK, maybe I should have added a phrase that I thought, saying "if there
>> are
>> more than 3 comments saying it works then we'll purposefully _not_ put the
>> patch
>> into trunk." :)
>>
>> I agree on this.  So it sounds like a 0.23-BSP wiki page where people can
>> add
>> something like this:
>>

> IRC!!!!! That's what it was invented for!
>
> We will be (as always) on freenode.
> We've even got a channel specifically for the occasion #mythtv-bsp
>
> Join us in there and we can co-ordinate there.

For those experienced Mythbuntu users interested in helping the MythTV
developers with the trunk (pre-0.23) bug squash:

0. Activate the 0.23 PPA within auto-builds [only available on 9.10 or
alpha 10.04]: http://www.mythbuntu.org/auto-builds

1. Attempt to reproduce bugs for which there are already tickets.  If
it is still reproducible, they want to know (possibly with what steps
you used).  If it isn't reproducible on similar hardware, they want to
know that too.

2. Verify patches  (steps here: http://mythbuntu.org/wiki/recipes)

IMPORTANT NOTE: if you aren't comfortable with running possibly
unstable trunk software (and not comfortable with backing up your 0.22
database and restoring it later), it might be better to pass on this.

BTW, it would probably be a help to enable the -dbg packages so that
if you get a core dump, it will be of use:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Debugging#Debugging_with_Ubuntu_packages

   Marc