[mythtv] 0.23 Bug Squashing Party

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Wed Jan 13 12:03:11 UTC 2010

On 13/01/2010 08:07, Jonathan Martens wrote:
> On 13-1-2010 4:56, Paul Kendall wrote:
>>> Any comments?
>>>
>> Awesome, I'll help out as much as I can with patches and testing.
>> What about testing patches that already exist in trac?
>
> I wonder on that as well as I have submitted some patches which also
> have not been applied (previously for .22 and now for trunk), most of
> them regarding windows compilation.

The plan of attack is as follows:

Firstly work our way through any tickets which have a milestone
of 0.22, 0.22.1 or 0.23. This will hopefully catch a lot of
of issues people have with 0.22 and quite a number of these already
have fairly simple patches to fix issues.

The second piece of work of triaging of tickets that currently have
an unknown milestone. These tickets need to be reviewed, problems
reproduced and patches produced as applicable. They also need assigning
to a milestone. Those which we can produce a fix for will be for 0.23,
others that are too invasive, require longer term testing or are
feature additions will get pushed to 0.24

Testing patches that are already in trac falls into both of these
streams of work, and most of them will actually been from the unknown
milestone list.

We will be co-ordinating all of this via IRC in #mythtv on freenode.

Stuart