[mythtv] "Missing Cover" in mythweb videos

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jan 18 22:21:38 UTC 2010

On 01/18/2010 04:34 PM, Simon Kenyon wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> If the patch is right (where right can vary by tastes and styles) it
>>> will get applied eventually, assuming it is still applicable when it
>>> is looked at.
>>>

>> But improvements on already submitted patches are definitely
>> appreciated.  Having 2 different approaches shown often helps the
>> reviewer to see issues in one or the other.
>
> i have been reading the code some more
> i think that a little more work is required
> mythweb assumes that it can read files "locally"
> this is irrespective of the use of storagegroups or not
>
> what is the accepted approach?
> should mythweb go on assuming it can read the files or should it
> stream them from the backend that has them locally?

MythWeb has not yet been converted to read anything (recordings or ...)
from storage groups.  I think that is somewhere on the list of TODO's
for MythWeb.  So, yeah, it should probably be done right.

However, whether it should actually use storage groups or use MythXML or
... is a question for Rob Smith and Chris Petersen.

Mike